Sling Health STL is the founding chapter of Sling Health, a national student-run non-profit organization that was founded in 2013 by medical students at Washington University in St. Louis to confront the surplus of unsolved clinical problems they encountered within the hospitals.
The organization brings together a diverse group of students, clinicians, and local entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize solutions to improve patient health care.
Since it's inception, Sling Health STL has enabled hundreds of students to engage in entrepreneurship, and build start-ups with capital funding. See our portfolio page for more information.
Sling Health is now a national network. Visit the Sling Health national network homepage to learn more.
- To make medical entrepreneurship attainable for students and physicians
- To integrate students from the schools of medicine, business, engineering, and arts & sciences to tackle unmet clinical needs by developing and commercializing solutions to real-world healthcare problems
- To provide resources, training and mentorship to participating teams of students and residents through an experiential platform
Our organization cultivates student-led teams through an 8-month experiential program, which includes clinical assessment, prototype creation, and business development. Teams also receive opportunities to pitch in various competitions and events, including through our annual Demo Day.
Sling Health STL teams receive resources, support, and mentorship throughout the process. Team members retain 100% of the intellectual property and equity of the solutions they create through the program.
1) Initial funding,
2) Lab, office, and workshop space,
3) Prototyping tools and equipment,
4) Legal services including patent and incorporation support, and
5) Mentorship from clinicians, industry experts, and local entrepreneurs via design reviews.
Who Can Participate?
Our program is open to both graduate and undergraduate students at college, university and residency program in the St. Louis region, including Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis University, and University of St. Louis in Missouri.
No prior experience in healthcare or entrepreneurship is necessary.
Questions? Email email@example.com.